This website, auction.f1authentics.com (the “Site”)is operated by BG Sports Enterprises t/a The Memento Group registered in England and Wales with company number 07236294 with its registered office being UThe Lodge, Clarke’s Lodge, Kislingbury Road, Bugbrooke, NN7 3SB (“we”, “us” and/or “our”).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies – this may collect data about your use of our Site, your device(s) and your location. Learn more:
We will collect and process the following data about you (the “Information”):
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register, subscribe to any service, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality and phone number, and preferences.
• Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and information about your geographic location; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including to provide the Site, to personalise and improve the services we offer, to carry out our obligations, communicate with you, to analyse use of our Site and in other ways that you agree to.
• to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Site where you have consented for us to do so;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
• for record keeping purposes;
• to administer and provide services you request;
• to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and service we offer;
• to improve the quality of our service and security of our Site;
• to understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
• to track activity on our Site;
• in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
• in such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
• for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time. You agree that we will share your Information with:
• carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
• Formula 1, where you have expressly consented to (this includes consent by way of opting-in to certain marketing and contact from any of them as part of the registration process) and you agree that such parties can contact you in accordance with such consent;
• anyone who may take over the running of our Site, or subcontractors who operate a part of our Site on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Information and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
• any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
We will disclose your Information to third parties:
• to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
• to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
SHOPPING WITH US
When you place an order, we ask for information so that we can process your purchase. We ask for information such as your first name, last name, username, date of birth, billing and delivery/shipping address, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card information. We use this information to process your purchase, confirm your order and deliver the items to you. As part of your transaction, we will send email communications directly relating to your transaction to the email address that you provide – these may include an order confirmation email, shipping confirmation email, delivery information, cancellation and refund information and order review email.
If you provide us with your prior consent and/or if we are otherwise permitted under applicable law, we also may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. If you purchase an item from us or ask us to deliver your order to someone else, we ask for the delivery name, postal address, email address & phone number. We use this information to send the item to the recipient. Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
EMAIL NEWSLETTERS AND OTHER MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You may be able to sign up on this site to receive electronic newsletters and promotional emails from F1 Authentics, including new memorabilia, special offers and event information. To sign up, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, age, gender, your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your shopping preferences and your communication preferences. We use this information to send you communications about our products and services, special offers and events located near you, and notices of new arrivals. We also use this information to tailor our newsletters to reflect your preferences.
You can choose at any time not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link within our marketing emails. You also may use the email preferences section of the “my account” feature to opt out of receiving marketing emails or to specify which, if any, communications you would like to receive from us. There is no charge to you to unsubscribe.
If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on this site, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, and telephone number. We use this information to respond to and communicate with you about your questions and comments.
You may call our office or sales advisors for information about our products or personal shopping advice. If you do so, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and, if you choose to make a purchase, your payment card information. We use this information to respond to your request and process your transaction.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We have security protocols in place to protect your Information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such data.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use service providers to help us run our Site (or services available on our Site). If we or our service providers transfer any Information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (under UK law) being in place.
MARKETING AND UNSUBSCRIBING
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA
You have rights to access, correct, delete your information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations. No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may need certain information from you. In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Generally, other than in relation to marketing, our processing of your personal data is in order to allow us to provide you a service, so we will be unable to provide the service to you without processing your personal data.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
We allow you to access, correct and edit your details in the “Account” section of F1authentics.com. If you require any further help from us in relation to the above rights, please email [email protected].
No fee is usually required - You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may refuse or charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you - We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website may, from time to time, contain links, plug ins and applications to and from third party websites, for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with F1 Authentics or Memento Group. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any of these linked websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with the Memento Group, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as indicated below:
1. Email: [email protected]
2. Telephone: +44 (0) 1327 831536
3. Address: The Memento Group, The Lodge, Clarke’s Lodge, Kislingbury Road, Bugbrooke, NN7 3SB.
4. Data Protection Officer: Tony Brookes
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We endeavour to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information, however if you wish to lodge a complaint as to how we collect and process your Information please contact [email protected]. You may also wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find further details as to how to do this at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.